Spain Travel Rules 2021
You’ve decided to go on a trip to Spain, but where do you start? In this pandemic world, flying much less planning a whole vacation, can be daunting. But, don’t stress. We’ll help you get there following all of Spain’s travel rules for 2021.
First, a little backstory. With the encouragement of Alessandro, I decided to launch Wild Wonder as a family wellness and travel business in October of 2019 (predominantly focusing on the travel aspect). As we all know, travel didn’t happen in 2020. The Family Wellness Vacation we had planned for the summer of 2020 got pushed to 2021. Until a few weeks ago, we weren’t even certain that we’d be able to host families this year. But with vaccination numbers going up, and COVID infections going down (at least here in the U.S. and Europe), it looks like it’s time to dig out our passports.
Disclaimer: We are not an official source of travel information. Make sure you are reading the latest updates from government sites listed below.
Flying To Spain
– Visit the Spain Travel Health Portal. Either on the website or in the app, fill out the “Health Control Form”. You will then receive a QR code to show at control points when you arrive in Spain. Scroll down to read all the information on the Spain Travel Health Portal. Here is the direct link to the page: www.spth.gob.es.
– At the writing of this post (May 12th, 2021), Spain requires a PCR test that is no more than 72 hours old by the time you land in Spain. For the latest news sign up for the weekly “Spain in English” newsletter at spainenglish.com.
– Know the restrictions and guidelines for the region you are visiting, as each region may have different parameters according to the number of COVID cases present at the time of travel. For example, when and where to use a mask.
– At the time of this writing (May 12th, 2021), those that follow the Spanish government’s guidelines do not have to quarantine upon arrival, with the exception of those that test positive for the virus upon arrival in the country.
Traveling To Andalusia
As we are traveling to the Andalusia region for our “Under the Andalusian Sun” Family Wellness vacation, we will be regularly checking Visit Andalusia (visit-andalucia.com/andalucia-lockdown-rules.php). The site is user friendly and even boasts an interactive map. Clicking on the map, I was quickly able to see that the area in which the retreat space is located is under no “movement restrictions”. This implies that the cases of coronavirus in the area are relatively low. I assume that’s because the Parque Natural de Grazalema is a nature preserve and therefore, sparsely populated.
Retreat Space In Cadiz
Antonio Escobar, our retreat center host, provided the following information on the building itself, and their heath procedures.
– We use cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus.
– Linens, towels, and laundry are washed according to the local authority guidelines.
– Communal and high-touch areas are regularly disinfected throughout the day.
– If you use the retreat’s yoga equipment, you will be given your own personal mat and yoga props to use throughout your stay.
– Cashless payment is available.
– Activities take place outside where possible. When this is not possible, the yoga rooms will be set up with the 2-meter (6 feet) rule between mats.
– The staff follows all safety protocols as directed by the local government.
– Hand sanitizer is available in key areas.
– First Aid kits are available.
– A room is available to isolate suspected or infected COVID-19 patients.
– Protective masks are available for all staff.
– Protective masks are available for clients.
Before coronavirus, I would have never suggested travel insurance. Now, with travel rules changing almost weekly, I do recommend finding a good travel insurance plan. NerdWallet has a breakdown on what you’ll need when looking for “travel insurance that covers covid”. Click HERE to access the article.
Although I attempted to be as thorough as possible when detailing Spain travel rules, you may have questions. If so, please comment below and I’ll answer or direct you the best person or site. Otherwise, I hope you will join us for “Under The Andalusian Sun” this summer. You can find all the information on our upcoming Family Wellness Vacation at wearewildwonder.com/trips.